5 QUESTIONS WITH ALIZA KIM.

5 QUESTIONS WITH ALIZA KIM.




Your real named before become a Muslimah and your name after convert.

Aliza Kim I kept my name in the tradition of Prophet Muhammad SAW who did not encourage the changing of names unless there was a specific reason to such as the name having a bad meaning in Islam. The religious authorities confirmed this sentiment and so I kept my name which according to my mother means "united".



The best books / novel you’ve ever read. Why?

Aliza KimThe best book I have ever had the honor to studying through English tafseer is the Qur'an...I am still working on being able to read it and understand it in its original language. As for other books, I enjoy comparative religion books and motivational-inspirational books. There have been several in the inspirational category that have been impactful such as The Leader in You by Dale Carnegie and The Greatness Guide by Robin Sharma. Aside from that I like books that teach you how to do things. I'm very practical. I usually read to be able to implement or do something rather than just for entertainment.



What is the most impactful surah or ayat from the Quran in your life?

Aliza KimMy favorite surah from the Quran is Al Fatihah especially the ayat which is actually a dua "Guide us to the Straight Path, the path of the righteous and successful". This is what our life in this Dunya is all about...this is what we want so that we can reach Jannah successfully. Aside from that, the many ayat which give support in hardship are all my favorites because they give me a lot of hope. Two that always come to mind are the ayat that read in English translation "For verily after hardship come ease" and "Allah knows, while you know not". These always remind me to have tawakkul, that Allah SWT has got me covered but I have to believe and be patient as His plan for me unfolds.



Your favorite place to travel (International) and local (Malaysia)

Aliza KimMy favorite place to travel to has always been to Thailand...but not to Bangkok...to the provinces where people have rustic charm and simplicity. Where the air is clean and food is gathered from the rivers and jungles. Where life is not complex and smiling comes easily for people. As for within Malaysia...I don't think I have been to enough places in Malaysia to have a favorite yet!
Any suggestions from your favorite places and the reasons that make those places special?

Agreed. I've been in Krabi and nearby island, love the scenery / view, but too crowded 
with people..Ermm, from your explanations, I could suggest you, maybe some island in
Sabah, which is Mabul, Sipadan or Bohey Dulang, and probably Kundasang, Ranau, nearby with  
Kinabalu mountain, local people over there so nice!




Please choose 2 famous people who you admire and why?

Aliza Kim: Aside from the mothers of the believers, 2 persons who I highly respect are Oprah  Winfrey and the late Princess Diana. I adore both women for their dignified ideals and what they
stand for as women and as individuals. I love Oprah for her ability to overcome severe adversity, to
defy social criticisms, to build her empire through compassion and heart-to-heart impact on the lives of people across the board without any bias towards any group. And I love Princess Diana for her courage, her self-respect and for always standing up for what she believed to be right and best no matter what anyone else said. She was a one woman army with grace, love, humanity, humility
 and a huge inventory of bravery as her ammunition.





3 Responses to "5 QUESTIONS WITH ALIZA KIM."

  1. Excellent sis, hope this world is full of individuals like you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent sis, hope this world is full of individuals like you

    ReplyDelete